Hope everyone is having a great week! Maybe some of you can relate, but all of my life I have dealt with oily skin that breaks out super easily. This has always been a huge annoyance in my life. I am always diligent with washing my face twice a day, trying to drink enough water, and (for the most part) eat well to keep the pimples away. But still they will appear!
I have played around a little with coconut oil on my face using it as a pre-fashwash. Now after seeing many people using oils as their primary moisturizer I decided to give it a try. I chose coconut oil because it is the most convenient to find here in Finland. I have read that it can clog pours, but I haven’t had any issues yet! Coconut oil also has so many benefits! So you can use what you buy for so much more. Here is how I made my own coconut oil face moisturizer with vitamin C and E!
Things You Will Need:
- Coconut oil
- Vitamin E capsule
- Vitamin C crystals/tablet half a tablet or 1 teaspoon (use less if you have never used vitamin c on your face before)
- Jar or container
Seriously this is all you need! All of these supplies will last you so long too!
- Depending on how big your container is, melt enough coconut oil to fill it. I used an old moisturizer container and I used about two spoonfuls.
- Break open a vitamin E capsule and stir in.
- You can do this two ways: melt the vitamin C into the coconut oil or into water first and then add it to the coconut oil. I did it the second way and I wish I would have done it the first way because I feel like I lost some of the vitamin C.
- Pour mixture into your container.
That’s it! Seriously it can’t get easier! You can also add one to two drops of tea tree oil to help clear skin. I think I’m going to add this next time!
I have seen such a change in my skin since I have been using this! If you notice your face still breaking out, you may try a different carrier oil because not all skins react the same way. Let me know what you use or how this works for you!